- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 07-11-2017
How Running Affects Back Pain – From Your Chiropractor In Lakeville
Here at Lake Marion Chiropractic Center, we offer back pain treatment in Saint Paul, Lakeville, and the surrounding communities. We frequently see athletes who complain of sports injuries, including back pain. Learn common causes of back pain after running and how our sports chiropractor in Lakeville can help.
Why Does my Back Hurt After Running?
If you run regularly, and have started feeling back pain after a run, the pain may be due to:
- Poor posture/ergonomics - If you have poor posture or poor ergonomics at work, you'll feel back pain before, during, or after the run. In this case, it's not the run but what you're doing in between workouts that's causing pain.
- Harder workouts - If you increase the mileage or pace of your runs, you might feel tight or achy as you adjust to the new workout.
- Insufficient core strength - Your core and back are linked, so weakness in one can cause overcompensation in the other.
- Tight hips/hamstrings - Runners are prone to tight hamstrings and tight hips. In some cases, hips that are rotated forward or backward place pressure on the spine, thereby causing back pain. Stretching and chiropractic adjustments can relieve pain.
Back Pain Treatment From Our St. Paul Chiropractor
Our St. Paul chiropractor can ask you questions about your symptoms and conduct an examination to determine potential causes of back pain after running. Our sports chiropractor in Lakeville will recommend a series of adjustments to relieve your pain naturally, without medication.
Bringing the spine back into natural alignment reduces muscle tension, inflammation, and pain. This also promotes good biomechanics during a run, so you stay pain-free in future workouts. To help you enjoy your runs without flare-ups of back pain, we may recommend core or back stretches or strengthening exercises.
See a Lakeville Chiropractor
We have two locations to best serve our customers, one in St. Paul and one in Lakeville. If you're ready to see our St. Paul Lakeville chiropractor, give us a call at (952) 469-8385, then schedule your appointment at the preferred location.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.