- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Let our Sports Chiropractor in Lakeville Help you Reach Higher Performance Levels
Dr. Craig Couillard and the wellness team at Lake Marion Chiropractic Center are dedicated to helping athletes of all levels reach higher performance levels. While many people consider a chiropractor when recovering from sports injuries, our team encourages you to visit with us throughout your athletic journey. Chiropractic care keeps your body balanced and healthy so you reduce your risk of injuries and are able to perform at peak levels. The goal of chiropractic care is to position the body into a healthy alignment. This begins with the spine. When your spine is gently adjusted and aligned by Dr. Craig Couillard, your body functions at a higher level. Your muscles and joints remain in balance to reduce the strain from repetitive motions and overuse concerns. Plus, your circulation improves bringing healing nutrients and oxygen to the working areas of your body. Your nervous system function also improves so your reaction times are faster. Chiropractic care also keeps your range of motion to reduce muscle tension and strain. Our holistic approach to sports chiropractic means that you avoid unnecessary side effects from medications and surgeries. Our team strives to keep you performing at your natural best.
Injury Recovery with our Lakeville Sports Chiropractor
Should the need arise for injury recovery, Lake Marion Chiropractic Center restores you to health with natural methods. Some sports injuries that we treat include:
• Muscle strains
• Joint sprains
• Back pain
• Shoulder tears
These injuries and more can set back your athletic ability and keep you off the playing field. Chiropractic care goes to work immediately to ease your pain and place your body in a position to restore itself. Dr. Couillard uses a combination approach based on your unique needs. Some of your treatment options may include:
• Chiropractic adjustments to align your spine and joints into pain-free positions. This improves your mobility and increases the body's ability to heal.
• Sports massage to reduce scar tissue and restore range of motion.
• Nutritional education to support your healing and energy needs.
• Physical rehabilitation so you can re-learn proper posture and movements to prevent future injuries. Exercises also strengthen and stretch muscles to quickly return you to your enjoyable sports activities.
• Taping across injured areas to support weakened muscles. This allows you to perform movements without pain. The tape also improves circulation to the injury which speeds your recovery.
• Decompression therapy to eliminate pressure off the discs in your spine. This technique reduces your pain and helps you move better.
Our sports chiropractic services also provide physical examinations for athletes entering the season. We evaluate the spinal position and muscular balance to ensure a successful season of play. Lake Marion Chiropractic Center invites athletes in the Lakeville, St. Paul, Burnsville, Apple Valley and Farmington areas to visit one of our two convenient locations. Our health team is available to heal injuries and improve your sport performance. Call us today at (952) 469-8385.